The Saskatchewan Travel Insurance Qualifying Course and Exam
The General Insurance Council of Saskatchewan had contracted the former Canadian Institute of Travel (CITC), now owned by Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA), to develop a course of study for those who wish to obtain a Restricted Travel Insurance License. The course of study explains details about travel insurance and assists the applicant to better understand the insurance industry and their role in selling travel insurance.
The course includes the following information:
- An explanation of the need for travel insurance
- How the travel insurance industry is structured in Canada
- The types of distribution models
- The people, the key elements and the classes of insurance
- Travel insurance products
- The regulatory bodies for insurance
- The selling of travel insurance products
- Policies, services and claims
- Terminology and resources for insurance
- Online SK Insurance Exam Information
- Pen & Paper SK Insurance Exam
If you do not have access to a computer, a paper copy of the Qualifying Exam as well as the Bylaw Exam can be ordered directly from the Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan. Council will continue to offer exam sittings in Regina, Prince Albert and Saskatoon on a weekly basis.
Steps to register for the Pen and Paper copy – Qualifying Exam
- Only applicants who will be writing the Pen and Paper exam for the Qualifying Exam are advised to download the Exam Study Manual order form to purchase the mandatory study manual. The cost of the Saskatchewan Travel Insurance Qualifying Course Manual is $55 plus applicable taxes and mailing costs; and is only available through ACTA. The cost includes a hard-copy, coil-bound edition of the manual.
- Applicants may then register to write the mandatory Saskatchewan Travel Insurance Qualifying Exam by obtaining an Exam Application from https://www.skcouncil.sk.ca/licensee-resources/printable-forms/ or by contacting Cindy Seckler at 306.347.0862.
- The cost to write the Pen and Paper Qualifying Exam is $55.00. The receipt obtained from ACTA is required to register for the Saskatchewan Travel Insurance Qualifying Exam.
Steps to register for the Pen and Paper copy – Bylaw Exam
- The cost to write the Council mandated Pen and Paper Travel Bylaw Exam is $55.00.
- The cost to write both the Pen and Paper qualification exam and bylaw exam at one exam session is $75.00.
- Exam application forms can be obtained from https://www.skcouncil.sk.ca/licensee-resources/printable-forms/ or by calling the Licensing Exam Coordinator Cindy Seckler at 306.347.0862.