Association of Canadian Travel Agencies believes that your personal information deserves protection. We hold to the highest ethical standards and protect our members' right to privacy. All personal information that you provide to us through our website, online registration forms, e-mail requests for further information or through your enrollment and participation in our courses, will be dealt with as provided in this Policy.
While you can visit the website or preview most Products without registering or providing any personal information, you will need to register if you want to enroll in a Product.
This Policy will apply to protect all personal information collected, used or disclosed by Association of Canadian Travel Agencies, except information that is aggregated in such a manner that it cannot be connected to a person. We may use this aggregated information to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, content providers and advertisers. These statistics and aggregate reports will not contain any personally identifiable information. Your individual identity is always kept anonymous.
Collection and Storage of Information
We will collect certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, when you register for our services or purchase our Products. We maintain this information in our customer database. We may also collect additional information as in connection with special offers, contests, or other promotions. We may use "cookies" (see also Section 4) to recognize you and your access privileges on our site, as well as to trace site usage.
Association of Canadian Travel Agencies Collects Personal Information for the following Purposes:
- To build your Association of Canadian Travel Agencies member account.
- To provide perks, rewards, score and other benefits.
- To provide the benefits of REALWealth Network enrollments
- To process your Product registrations.
- To process designations, certifications and similar.
- To personalize the delivery of site content to you.
- To build and maintain your online report card.
- To provide the service or Product requested; to enable billing and shipping; to provide you with information about related products and services based on the preferences you have indicated; to improve our Web site; for development of new products and services; and for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
How do we Protect your Personal Information?
When you provide us with personal information or make a purchase, it's done through a secure server. One of today's most advanced security systems - Secure Socket Layers (SSL) - encrypts all information you provide before sending it to our own server. Only when it reaches our servers is your information decrypted.
Association of Canadian Travel Agencies makes all its employees with access to personal information aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. All of our employees with access to personal information will be required as a condition of employment to contractually respect the confidentiality of personal information.
Association of Canadian Travel Agencies will protect personal information it discloses to third parties through contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
Do we use "Cookies"?
We only set cookies to increase the functionality of our website and to enhance your experience, as we are dedicated to providing you with the fastest, most effective browsing experience. A cookie contains a unique personal ID code and is used to:
- Save your personal member information and retrieve it the next time you visit the site.
- Personalize your experience by alerting you to features and information we think may be of interest to you.
Cookies set by this site are:
- Session ID & Token: these are random numbers that are generated each time you enter the site. It is used for maintaining "state" in the site, and act as a key to the other values set for your visit.
- Various other values that let us know what courses are available to you, your history, your progress, etc.
- If you arrive at Association of Canadian Travel Agencies with your Cookies turned off, you won't be identified until you register and sign-in.
**No personal data is transferred or stored in any cookie set by this site.**
Do you Disclose Personal Customer Information to Third Parties?
Association of Canadian Travel Agencies may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, regulators and other parties who require that information to assist us with managing our relationship with you and processing your designation, certification or similar, including third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf, including the company that develops and hosts the Products you may register in. As noted above, Association of Canadian Travel Agencies protects your personal information it discloses to third parties through contractual arrangements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purpose for which it is to be used. Further, your information may be disclosed or used:
- Processing your designation, certification or similar.
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders.
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of any person or group of persons.
- Where the personal information is publicly available.
- With your consent.
Unless required by law, Association of Canadian Travel Agencies will not use or disclosure personal information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the purpose and obtaining your consent, where such consent may not reasonably be implied.
Your Consent is Important to us!
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enroll in a Product, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes related to the performance of the Product and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
Typically we will seek your consent at the time that we collect your personal information. In certain circumstances, your consent may be obtained after collection but prior to our use or disclosure of your personal information. If we plan to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose not previously identified (either in this Policy or separately), we will endeavor to advise you of that purpose before such use or disclosure.
As we have described above, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information with your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law.
E-commerce Securities & Guarantees
We use technology and third party e-commerce transaction processing companies that ensures your payment information is kept confidential and secure. Unless you enroll in a Product or Products that are billed on a subscription basis, credit card details will not be stored after your purchase is processed and billing information will need to be provided each time a course is chosen.
You may review and approve the information about what you collected upon registration in our customer database. Upon request, we will remove that information from our customer database or change/correct personal information that you state is erroneous. However, you should understand that information about you in our databases may come from a number of sources, including orders placed by you.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to Privacy Office at email@example.com. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of Web sites to which this site may link.
Manage your Subscription: To change your subscription at any time please visit: www.learninglibrary.com/ACTA/SubscriptionManager. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns or questions.